Pages

July 23, 2012

favorite instagram apps

With the boom of Instagram and all of the editing apps that come along with it, I get asked quite frequently what's in my {phone } camera bag. So I thought I would share a post on which apps are my favorite! {If you are still taking the picture within the Instagram app itself, stop doing that and use your phone's camera instead to allow for higher quality and the ability to edit outside of Instagram}. 

So with that, here's a peek at my faves { in no particular order }. 

1. Original picture of peonies from Whole Foods
2.  SigNote  lets you take a picture of something you wrote { or drew } and add it on top
3.  Masking Tape let's you apply washi tape to your photos in the color, pattern, and placement of your choice
4. BeFunky is great for simply adjusting contrast and saturation and other details, in addition to adding frames or effects to the amount you want. 
5.  VSCO Cam, my absolute favorite, also lets you add fill light, contrast, and most importantly: fade. Notice that a lot of  popular instagram'ers have a grey tint to their photos? That's thanks to this beauty, giving photos a kind of timeless look. Their website has several excellent examples as well. Since their actual business is specializing in photography film, they are pretty smart to jump on this phone app train. 
6. PicFX has a a few Bokeh effects that you can rotate around and place where you want. You can also compile effect on top of effect and so on. 

Well those my faves, have any that you just HAVE to share with everyone? I'd love to know!

4 comments:

  1. Love this post, Colleen!
    I've been looking for an app that adds a Bokeh effect, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing!

    I absolutely love this app -> http://itunes.apple.com/de/app/mei-tu-xiu-xiu/id416048305?mt=8
    Yes, I know it's chinese (and no, I don't speak chinese) but it's hands down the BEST free iPhone App, that you can get!
    You can edit pictures, add text, put more than one picture in one instagram frame.
    It's awesome!
    If you worry about the language; It's totally easy to understand, because of the little pictures. And once you're used to it, it's really AWESOME! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know about any of these Apps. I'm currently using an old iPhone 3GS and I quite like using Camera + with it as it seems to brighten up my photos more than shooting straight from the 'normal' camera. I'm downloading your recommendations now, thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover