Pages

May 4, 2012

drawing with dallas

Ummmm....pause. 
I just found my idol. 
In every way. 
Career, interior style, fashion sense, everything. 
I took a fashion illustration class in college and loved every minute of it. Homework? Please. I was begging for assignments. My professor kept telling me I was in the wrong major and tried to convince me to switch to Apparel Design. But I didn't want to come up with the designs, I just wanted to draw them. She told me I would have to move to New York and contract out the work, which, let's face it, is scary. And a HUGE commitment. 

Enter this article, and I am straight up  JEALOUS. Dallas is so beautiful and amazingly talented. Can we please trade lives for a year day? Chanel and Kate Spade? Ralph Lauren and Donna Karan? Sign me up!
TheEverygirl_DallasShaw2
TheEverygirl_DallasShaw4TheEverygirl_DallasShaw3
TheEverygirl_DallasShaw5
TheEverygirl_DallasShaw7
It feels great to be so inspired by someone to do what you love and consider all possibilities. Maybe one day this can become a reality for me. I love how she started working a full time job and illustrating on the side until she could afford to make it full time. Make sure to check out the rest of the article and more pictures here

Happy Friday and Cinco De Mayo!

1 comment:

  1. She is so talented and her job sounds amazing! Do you know about her blog - http://dillydallas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover